Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introduction

I have been thinking a lot lately about writing a blog. There are many people in my life who keep telling me that I should write a book. Well, that seems a bit out of my league, so a blog will have to do. Finding a topic for a blog seems a bit easy for me. There are several things that I love and enjoy, but none of them compare to my love for Disneyland. I must warn you that I am not one to know everything about Disneyland. The trivia eludes me, but if I am in need of that information, I simply look no further than my husband. He loves to learn all of that and has a memory that amazes me still to this day. Neither have I experienced everything at Disneyland. There are some areas we have not been to and rides we have not done for specific reasons, but I will explain those for another time.

What I can speak to you of is my experience as a mom of a preschooler. Not that I have been an amazing amount of times, but for some the number of times I have been will be something they can only dream about. I have been 6 times in my life, 4 of those within the last 14 months. What a whirlwind year that was!!! I may never be able to make that many trips again in one year, but it is the intent of my family to make a least one every year J.

In the course of that year I have learned many things about Disneyland and feel that I must warn you. I am a 100% Disneyland fan!!!!! I have never been let down in a way that I felt slighted or cheated. The experience that we have at Disneyland is purely our making. We choose to enjoy everything about it (including the people we are surrounded by). That is truly our mindset. On our first visit with our daughter I had not been enjoying myself. Upon introspection I realized that I was the problem and not my surroundings. I had to let go of all of my own expectations and ideologies. Once I did that, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our trip.
That brings me to the purpose of this blog. I intend to tell you all about those four trips. The food we ate, rides we experienced, people we encountered and more. My daughter, now 5, had her first trip when she was three. Hopefully my experiences at Disneyland will help you in your planning. We are even currently beginning to plan our trip to in the fall of 2011. I have started now, because I am looking for a specific price point for airline and hotels. When I find what I am looking for I will make all of my necessary reservations.
I look forward to spending my time writing this blog and recalling all of my trips in the past and sharing what I have learned. However, I also hope to learn from you. Feel free to share with me your own thoughts and experiences. It’s always exciting to hear from others. Ask me your questions. I may not be able to answer everything, but I will do my best.

Until next time,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment