Friday, June 10, 2011

Getting in Shape

Every spring I cringe when I look in the mirror. Do you know what I am talking about? There seems to be extra weight around my middle and it does not look pretty. This spring, however, I am rejoicing. Before you ask why... let me tell you.

In January my husband decided enough was enough and set out to find a plan that would work for him to get into shape. He found someone to hold him accountable and a program he could use. Being somewhat jealous I began asking him for advice.

You see I had been going to the same gym, doing the same routine, for over five years. It wasn't working and I had struggled with my weight loss. I was completely discouraged. That's when he challenged me to try working out at home. We have cable and so they have a channel on demand called Exercise TV. I began working out on my non-gym days and found that I loved it!!! After a month I quit my gym membership and am now working out six days a week at home.

After a month I was only seeing minimal success in my struggle with losing weight. I needed another plan. That is when he introduced me to a program that he found online, my fitness pal. What is it? I simply would say that it is calorie counting for dummies (me). This has been a wonderful tool and has helped me to realize how much I was really eating.

I began at the end of February and now, more than 3 months later I have lost 22 pounds. Is my body bikini perfect? Oh no.... but, I am continuing to try to find healthier ways to eat and stick to my daily calorie count. It's not easy and I find having an accountability partner makes it much easier for me.

So, what does all of this have to do with going to Disneyland? Well, this year instead of dreading wearing a swimsuit I actually am excited that I might have to shop for a smaller size. I am not dreading getting into the pool with my daughter. Instead I am praying for wonderful warm weather and am hoping to soak up as much of it as possible. If you are struggling with your own weight loss, I feel your pain. Head on over to myfitnesspal.com and check it out. It's free and they even have an app for your smart phone that I love.

Blessings to you.

Until Next Time,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment